As a 37 year old former makeup artist, I've learned a few simple tips to follow that will help you look younger starting today:
- Moisturize your skin--face and neck--with a light moisturizer before you apply your makeup...and allow it to sink in, about 5-10 minutes
- Apply makeup primer BEFORE any makeup. The least expensive and one of the most effective I've found (it rivals Smashbox): Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. It contains the EXACT same ingredients as most of the best makeup primers. Plus, you can pick up a tube at most drugstores for $5
- Apply your concealer BEFORE foundation. Using your finger or a concealer brush, pat a little concealer under your eyes, around your nose and on any blemishes or discoloration. Concealer before foundation prevents you applying too much foundation.
- Apply less foundation. And switch to mineral foundation. The better brands and newest formulations (Jane Iredale, Everyday Minerals are some of my favorites) give excellent NATURAL coverage with a light application
- Apply blush to the apple (round part that pops out when you smile) of your cheeks. For a youthful glow, use a cheek stain or cream blush in a pink, rosy or peach-y color
- Blend your makeup well and use a light touch