- Groom your eyebrows. Pluck only stray hairs (those are the ones that fall outside your natural eyebrow)
- Apply eyeliner to the top lash line only. And unless you have medium-or-dark toned skin, DO NOT use black eyeliner. Brown, grey, plum and green are better for fair-to-light toned skin
- Apply two coats of mascara maximum. One coat for daytime wear is best
- Curl your lashes. If you don't like the traditional lash curlers, use an electric version. Sephora's is terrific and a great deal at $16
- Avoid shimmery eyeshadow
- EXCEPTION to above tip: Use a shade-lighter-than-your-skin-tone colored shimmery eyeshadow applied with a light touch to your brow bone (the area just below the outter two-thirds of the eyebrow), AND apply a dab of shimmery ivory shadow to the inner corner of your eyes. These tips really open up the eye area--young!
- Also, avoid 'cool' eyeshadow colors like grey, blue, true green. Opt for colors like pink, peach, gold, warm greens (olive, moss, sage), plum, ivory, brown, taupe