4/19/2007

I Cheated...

Yes, that is right. I admit it. Me, a typically-loyal Leo. What did I do, you ask? Well, I have been using (and loving) Blinc's Kiss Me Mascara, almost exclusively for the past two years...and not much else has touched my finicky lashes (except of course warm water and my finger tips--gotta remove the stuff before beddie-bye time).

Only...well. Kiss Me doesn't quite give me those lovely, flirty, curly lashes that I wish for somedays.

So, for some reason, today I broke out a tube of purple irridescent snakeskin-wrapped mascara that I got a couple of weeks ago...as a gift. At the time, I was like, "oh, thank you. is that mascara? oh, it sure it. how 'bout that?" all the while thinking, "by the looks of it, this must be the stuff that those guys from Poison and Motley Crue used in the '80s."

I took a closer look. tarte mascara Lights, Camera, Lashes!. Well, aside from one single not-so-great experience with a Tarte eyeliner (my eyes are soooo sensitive), I LOVE anything and everything by Tarte. And, I must admit, I was intrigued by this mascara in it's decidely 'fashion-forward' package.

Plus, the brush is completely different from any I've seen. It's got a point-y end with spikes all around. Again, a little intimidating, foreign to my Kiss-Me-only lashes.

Oh what the heck. It's just mascara, right? So I dove in. And much to my surprise, after applying two, three, four coats, my eyelashes looked lovely...flirty...curly. Precious! Not at all "Bret Michaels" (not that there's anything wrong with that, but for me...um, no.)

Yes!!! I've discovered THE mascara. That one that gives you what I call "wedding lashes." Pretty, fringey...with the perfect curl, coverage, density...need I go on? I didn't think so. tarte mascara Lights, Camera, Lashes! $18