3/19/2007

Pop to Front of the Beauty Line

Over the weekend, I popped open some new products and popped them onto my face and guess what? My face simply popped with healthy color!

Okay, enough with the popping, I know. So what did get?

Pop Beauty Cheeky in Sunset is a lovely, new ultra-micromilled cheek duo designed to give your cheeks a healthy pop (sorry, I just had to) of color. Sunset contains a peachy-pink color that rivals the great Francoise Nars 'Orgasm'--now, it's not exactly the same, mind you, but it sure is close. The other color is a true pink, again with a touch of golden shimmer, that gives you what I call "sweet cheeks," which just means you look like your glowing...ahhhh, how sweet! Pop Beauty calls Sunset a combination of 'powders' and that these special powders contain hydrators to treat and condition the skin. Bonus! And hello, only $18? Extra bonus!

I also tried Pop Beauty's new Pop-up Glow in Sunny, which is a sheer, shimmery yellow-gold. Pop-Up Glow has to be the most perfect highlighter I've tried yet (and believe you, me, I've tried many, many highlighters)--soft color and shimmer with a pore-minimizing formula that also reduces redness. The cream-to-powder formula is flexible, so you can rub the stick directly on your face and then blend with your fingertips for a stronger look, or you can rub the stick with your finger and then apply to your face--brow bones, high on the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, on the round of the chin and on the 'bow' of the upper lip--for a softer look. The texture and color of Sunny makes a really great eye shadow base, too. Oh, I almost forgot the scent...it smells just like a watermelon Jolly Rancher! YUMMMY...and only $19.