3/24/2007

Lipgloss and Eye Shadow that I LOVE: Urban Decay!

I cannot tell you how good I've looked over the past couple of days...well, yes, I can. I've looked GOOD. And it's due to two amazing NEW goodies from Urban Decay. Yes, I said, "Urban Decay. " Perhaps a misnomer these days because their latest offerings are truly beautiful, fresh and fabulous. I'd say that they're miles away from "urban" and "decay."

Urban Decay Ultraglide in Heavy is that perfect shade of lipgloss that I was searching for. Why? Well, so many reasons. But let's boil it down. First, the color (isn't that the main reason we love most of our favorite cosmetics?). Heavy is that wonderful, neutral brownish rose color that compliments EVERYONE's coloring. It's THE perfect daytime color. Next, the formulation. Urban Decay has developed a gloss--Ultraglide--that has staying power, sexy shine and moisture...in a texture that's not too gloppy, not too thin. And, flavor. The perfect simple sugary sweetness that's not too sweet. Finally, product delivery. A generously sized, yet super-slim tube with that angled application method that delivers the just-right amount. Just perfect. $17

Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow. This divine collection of high-tech creamy powder eye color will turn your eyes into opulent works of art. Why “Deluxe”? Definitely incomparable, the creamy formula feels like cashmere, blends beautifully, and delivers an even more intense burst of color than the regular Urban Decay eye shadows. And, Deluxe hues have an even greater fill weight than regular 'ol eye shadows - a generous serving.

And have you ever seen a more beautiful collection of compacts...ever? Even if the contents were only so-so --which they definitely are NOT, they're amazing...I believe I said incomparable!--they would be worth purchasing for the little works of art that they come packaged inside. We have to remember the whole reason we paint ourselves...art. And Urban Decay has rediscovered not only the fine art of creating fine cosmetics, but also the lost art of packaging them in the loveliest compacts I've seen in years. A friggin' bargain at $17 each. I couldn't resist the newest shades: Ransom, electric purple-blue; Scratch, romantic Champagne rose; Shag, medium shimmery gold; and my favorite, Underground, a deep fawn brown.