1/04/2007

Happy Belated New Year...Flower and Glow

As the old year has become the new one, I find that it is time for another renewal process. The cold, winter wind is whipping around; plus between the dry, heated indoor air and way too much holiday chocolate, my skin has become dry, rough and altogether uneven. Nice...

My renewal regimen must begin...now. And it includes lots of floral extracts which are proven and have been used for centuries to soften, soothe and hydrate the faces of some of history's greatest beauties. Just ask Cleopatra. Can't? Okay, just trust me.

I start with Aromatherapy Associates RENEW Rose Cleanser. With Damask rose, jojoba and geranium, this gentle but powerfully cleanser removes dirt and impurities while brightening and refreshing my skin. And how refreshing it is! The scent is heavenly, the texture is just what my skins wants (and needs) and the result is an immediate improvement...soft and smooth. $26.50

Since my '07 skin renewal requires will obviously require drastic measures, I follow my cleanse with DDF Intensive Hydration Mask. This is one of those masks that is "magic in a tube." Apply and leave on..and on...and on (I tend to really work masks into my skin and leave them on extra long...maximize benefits, I say.) DDF's Intensive Hydration Mask is intense. It intensely boosts moisture, retexturizes, nourishes and supports skin repair with collagen, avocado oil, linoleic oil and soothing elder flower extract. $30.00

To tone up after this intensely moisturizing mask, I grab Juice Beauty's Hydrating Mist. Unlike many toners with lots of alcohol and heavy fragrance, Juice Beauty's Hydrating Mist contains a blend of certified organic ingredients that soothe, hydrate and balance my skin. Vitamin-rich and fortified with pure essential oils of Bulgarian rose and ylang ylang. Also contains loads of aloe, a known healing ingredient. $22.00

Lastly, I have to lock in all these flower goodies and moisture. So, I turn to the experts at Sothys who have created Hydroptimale THI3 Comfort Hydrating Cream. The name says it all. The new formula for this moisture-packed cream contains what Sothys calls THI3, which is "Intelligent Hydration Therapy." It promises (and delivers!) 16 hours of continuous hydration...whoa! There is science behind this fabulous formula, "THI3 takes the water that is already saturated in your skin and utilizes it to your skin's maximum benefit. This action keeps hydration molecules near the surface so all you feel is soft, supple and well moisturized skin." It works instantly--and I mean instantly, really. Perfection!! Perfection!! Perfection!! $45.98

And now I'm finally ready to "face" the new year...all rosy, glowy and ready for bear. Bring it on, 2007!