12/12/2006

Put an Angel underneath the Tree...for Me? Ahhh, Gee.

Thierry Mugler's Angel was his first fragrance release back in 1992, but it remains fresh and new--unlike any other. Truly unique and classified as a 'woody oriental' fragrance, Angel evokes both sweetness and depth. When first applied, Angel (to me) smells just like the Holidays as the full, bright scents of peaches and plums mingle with the lower notes of sandlewood and patchouli, producing an-almost pine-y (woodsy) fragrance...not at all unpleasant, though. Lovely, enchanting...like a walk in the woods.

Angel dries down to a warm caramel-honey...romantic and soft. One of the best features of Angel is its lasting power. I put it on first thing in the morning and even after bedding down, I still smell it's sweet warmth on my skin. I consider Angel one of those "perfect" winter-Holiday scents. $79.99 for 1.7 oz. EDP (or $84.99 for the refillable version)

Special thanks to Craig at Perfume Emporium for the sample.