12/04/2006

Puffy Eye Relief

After a night out with Danny DeVito, People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive, aka George Clooney, looks just like many of us who have "tied one on" (and I'm not talking about the sash he's wearing). This "look" tends to be more prevalent around the holidays for some reason....hmmmmmm.

I can certainly relate (no, it's not because I often have the morning-after hangovers--I am simply one of those chronic "problem sleepers"). My recommendations to the normally perfect and lovely (Sexiest Man Alive) Mr. Clooney--and to anyone who experiences the same "dark and puffy eyed blues"--those magic little helpers that have alleviated my dark circles and puffy eyes almost entirely, despite my advancing age and sleep difficulties--are.....drumroll, please:

DDF Erase Eye Gel .5 oz

DDF Erase Eye Gel
contains "A blend of seven natural bioactive ingredients to treat external and internal causes of dark under-eye circles and puffiness," and actually does what it says. This nutritional power-pack for the delicate skin around your eyes contains goodies like Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Horse Chestnut Extract, German Chamomile Extract, Citrus Bioflavinoids, Beta-Glucan and Hyaluronic Acid. These key ingredients work synergystically to reduce the "excess baggage" around your eyes along with dark circles. And not a trace of irritation, even if you have the most sensitive of skin--this milky gel is really soothing in fact. At $42, it's a little pricey, but the .5 oz will last you a LONG time. I've had my Erase Eye Gel for over a year, use it daily and I'm just starting to run low. That $42 comes to around 11.5 cents a day, and that's way cheaper than cucumber slices (and a lot less trouble)...and I'd say quite a bit more effective.

My other favorite puffiness-and-dark-circle banisher is Skin Active Scientific's Bright-I Ready-Made Cream. This peach-colored lightly-textured treat contains a powerful formula densely packed with active ingredients. Included are SAS's own seakelp bioferment (this is one of the "magic" ingredients in Creme de la Mer) plus loads of anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids--moisturizers, protectants and anti-inflammatories abound! One thing to note about Bright-I is that it contains ALA (alpha lipoic acid) which tends to sting just a little bit on those of us that tend to be sensitive; however, this stinging is normal and harmless and will disappear within a few minutes. I've added Bright-I to my daily regimen and have seen such dramatic improvements that I swear I look at least five years younger (and that I've gotten a full eight hours of sleep every night). Plus, I get a lot more compliments, so I know it's working...and at $17.50 for .5 oz., Bright-I is the best skincare bargain around.

photo of George Clooney courtesy of eonline.com