11/28/2006

Perfect Skin Alert!

jane iredale® Amazing Base® Loose Powder - Warm Silk
Okay, so I decided to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon (actually, I tried bare esentuals several years ago, but I didn't fall immediately in love with it like everyone else on the planet, apparently) and try a mineral foundation.

Since I had tried out some samples of jane iredale® and really like them for their unsurpassed texture and colors, I went with jane again. I did a little research and ended up choosing the Amazing Base® Loose Powder in Warm Silk--normally I would choose a cool or neutral shade, but in the winter I tend to be more sallow than usual, so I thought I could use a boost of warmth...and Warm Silk is perfect, not "yellow" or "orange" as can happen with warm shades. The texture of Amazing Base Loose Minerals is so fine, described as "a highly-sophisticated blend of minerals and pigments that are micro-pulverized, using proprietary technology and processes to form microscopic flat crystals."


I buffed on a layer. My skin was immediately smoother, but tonally I was still seeing some unevenness. jane iredale® recommends applying in thin layers, so I applied another layer. No caking, no streaking are evident as the layers build. Very cool!

Lastly, I picked up a smaller contour brush and dusted a little bit of Amazing Base under my eyes, around my nose and anywhere else I needed just a bit more coverage..and there it is! Perfection.

My skin has that "poreless, airbrushed" look that mineral foundations are known for. But jane iredale® goes it one (or two) further. "Known as The Skin Care Makeup, the jane iredale® line is so safe and beneficial to use that it is recommended by Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists throughout the world." In addition, they have been awarded the coveted Natural Health Beauty Award.

I must say that I am glad I gave minerals another go. And doubly glad I chose Jane Iredale's Amazing Base® Loose Powder. Let's hear it for perfect (looking) skin! $35.50 at SpaLook.com (SpaLook offers free shipping for a limited time on ALL orders. To take advantage, enter code FSFreeShip when checking out)

I received some items from the jane iredale® New Collection; stay tuned for reviews of Flushed Powder Blush (with REAL 24K gold flakes) and Joy Lip Color (named for the lovely Joy Bryant).
+++++++++++++++++

GirlPaint recommends the following for enhanced application and best results:

Paula Dorf Cheek Brush, handcrafted from Blue Squirrel (it's softer than Sable) for the smoothest possible application. This brush is specially contoured so it "fits" the contours of your face and neck. The best makeup brush investment I've ever made. $42

BECCA Line and Pore Corrector to minimize lines and pores even further. A beautifully textured, silky primer is packed with anti-oxidants, including vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids like Linoleic Acid to promote healthy skin while smoothing and protecting. around $34, depending on the exchange rate