11/02/2006

Color Yourself Beautiful...for $1

e.l.f. cosmetics All Over Color Stick in Lilac Petal is one of the BEST highlighters I have ever used...ever. I mean it!

I received my Color Stick in the mail (ironically on Halloween) and couldn't wait to try it out. I busted it out and immediately dotted the stick across the tops of my cheekbones, browbones, down the bridge of my nose, over the round of my chin and dabbed a touch on my "cupid's bow." A touch of blending with my finger and VOILA...even after a full day at work and a few hours vegged-out on the couch (without a makeup touch-up all day, mind you), I looked completely refreshed! Not at all glittery, the highlightability of the Color Stick, mine in Lilac Petal, is subtle and very grown-up. Of course, the color can be built up on those occasions you want to go out clubbing or look especially shimmery when dining by candlelight. Perhaps a touch across your chest when your wearing that fabulous, spaghetti strap number....yow, mama! Now we're talkin'. Okay, come back to Planet Earth, Girlpaint.

The smell of this little stick is lightly sweet and citrusy. It not only gives your skin a pick-me-up, but also your senses. So nice. And such a cute cosmetic, too. The shape and packaging is vaguely reminiscent of the big Bonne Bell Lip Smackers I used to wear around my neck to the skating rink (ooooh, did I just give my age away?). Not that e.l.f. Cosmetics are "precious" or anything, because a line like this at a whopping $1 per pop does not initially instill a sense of confidence, but I must say that all the goodies I have tried from e.l.f. (most particularly the eye colors, lip glosses and now color stick) have been of amazing high quality with long-lasting, fairly well-pigmented formulations.

I give the e.l.f. All Over Color Stick a near-perfect rating. If you're looking for a highlighter of high quality that won't break your pocketbook, this is the one for you. And yes, colors are available in a range of cool and warm shades. Go check 'em out. I dare ya.